Thursday, November 4, 2010

Chemo Schmemo. Nothing rhymes with Chemo. It isn't fun.

Round Two Chemo is tomorrow.  I had a check in appointment with Dr. Favret on Wednesday and my blood work is good - very stable.  We went over how I have been feeling since chemo number one and she thinks I am doing remarkably well.  Now that she knows how the chemo impacts me, she is able to give me the go ahead for a couple prescriptions and OTC meds to help with the side effects.  She was surprised that I still have my hair - usually it is really coming out by week 3.  I swear I am willing it to stay in my head.  I know it won't work ultimately but I won't give up easily. She also said that the side effects other than fatigue don't really get worse, it is the fatigue that adds up.  So I am not to nervous about round two and I am feeling quite normal today so of course, tomorrow they will mess me up again.  Sigh. But after this two down and only four to go!! 

2 comments:

  1. You go, girrrl! I'll remember you in my prayers at first Friday mass today. Happy Diwali, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope round two went well! Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete