Today I had an appointment for a mamogram and ultrasound so the surgeons can see how the chemo has been working. The official word is - it is working GREAT! The bastard tumor has shrunk from 4.3 cm to slightly less than 2. Fantastic news. It means we stopped the bastard from spreading and are well on the way to killing it.
Surgery is still necessary, but it feels good to know that chemo is doing its job and it will make this last three weeks of hell totally worth it.
Also - not sure if I explained this well before - I will still be having Herceptin treatments every three weeks until October. This is the cool new drug that is very focussed on my kind of tumor. When I am just on that, I won't feel shitty, it only takes a half hour, and my hair will start growing back. We love Herceptin.
More happy dance!!!
YES!!!!
ReplyDeleteKeep "kicking butt!"
ReplyDeleteWe are yelling for you!
Hugs!!!
Where's the Super Yay Like button!!!
ReplyDelete