On the upside, I only have five more #@$@ing radiation treatments left. On the downside, I still have five more $#!#$%%ing radiation treatments left. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel but it seems far away - especially because it will take time to heal once it is over.
As I already established, radiation sucks. It sucks every day. It sucks before you even start having troubles. Then the troubles arrive.
My first trouble was the hit my good attitude took. I had been so upbeat through this whole bullshit breast cancer thing and the daily grind of radiation just totally took the wind out of my sails and I am not even sure why. I am sure it pissed me off.
Then came the allergic reaction to the “special lotion” that was supposed to help me get through radiation. Ummm yeah, not so much – it made me break out in hives that in turn made me more susceptible to burning.
That potential for a burn that was described to me as a lot like a sunburn? Yeah - a lot like a sunburn from the 70’s when people used baby oil instead of sunscreen, laid on metallic blankets and stayed in the sun all day and ended up in the hospital with sun poisoning.
I have a third degree burn that covers about a quarter of the right side of my chest and another under my arm. Lesser burns cover another quarter of the treatment area. They hurt most of the time and I lost the battle to keep from being bitchy pretty quickly after they appeared.
You know what pisses me off the most? That I can’t even stay mad at Dr. Hong because he is so damn nice. God that is annoying!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment