Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Year! New Surgeon! New Boob!!!


At last, 2013 is here and I continue my quest to save second base!   

Final arrangements have been made for the re-do of my reconstructive surgery with the very kind and highly qualified Dr. Steven Davison.  and I will be having surgery at Sibley Hospital. on Tuesday January 8 at 10 a.m. (prayers are welcome!)

I am impressed with Dr. Davison and his staff so far. They are so caring (nice change from Dr. Asshat) and incredibly thorough (which has made me see that Dr. Frankenstein Asshat was not). He prefers Sibley Hospital because it is closer to both his home and office so he can see me more easily/often – and I think that is a good thing. The surgery is going to be difficult (no surprise there) and he is going to use my stomach tissue (yay! Tummy tuck!) to make a new breast. This is the first of a series of surgeries to make it right – but this will be the toughest. I will be in ICU for careful monitoring for a day or two and will be in the hospital for several days or so depending how I do. He is a stickler for monitoring closely and I think that is also a good thing. I will be out of work for 4-6 weeks and will have some serious restrictions on lifting, but other than that about the same routine as the other surgeries had. (not allowed to lift over 10 lbs for a month, no driving while I have drains or am on pain killers, crap like that).  I will do whatever it takes to get through this.

I swore that a mangled chest was not how my cancer story would end and Dr. Davison told me that he “won’t stop trying until we get it right.”  I am determined not to let the bad experience that I had last summer cloud my optimism about this one.  I WILL my Diva D’s back!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment