When you are sick, you learn a lot of things about how your body works, about advances in medicines, how drugs interact etc. Some of it would be quite fascinating if I didn’t have to actually deal with it!!
I will give you one not too gross example. Taxotere, one of the standard cancer drugs, makes your eyes water and your nose bleed as one of the glamorous side effects. Oh yippee. But what I have noticed the last couple treatments is that I also have a runny nose that doesn’t seem to really stop. It is really, really annoying.
So I mentioned it to Dr. Favret and she said – you guessed it I bet – IT’S NORMAL. But then she added, it is because you don’t have any nose hair.
What?
I hadn’t noticed that. She said that I haven’t noticed it because they come out when I blow my nose so I don’t see it and that one of the functions of nose hair is to help keep your nose from running.
Get Out!
But no really, it is true. Isn’t that weird? So there, we learn something new every day. This is your thing for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment