Friday, December 31, 2010

Counting My Blessngs This New Year's Eve

Seventeen years ago today, I moved to the Washington DC area without one friend in sight.  I thought I might last a year if I was lucky.  I thought the friends I moved away from would forget me.   Now looking back it seems unbelievable how far I have come and how many wonderful friends fill my life. 
Since I found out about my cancer, my friends both here and afar have overwhelmed me with love and support.  It is hard to put into words how grateful I am for all that you have done for me over the last few months.  Looking forward to 2011 is scary in some ways, but I have a peace that I can get through anything because I have you all on my team.  Thank you is not enough to say but those are the mere words I have. 
Happy New Years to all of you – I will you all of the blessing that 2011 can hold.
Love your guts!!
Debbie

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your cancer. I'm sure that you will beat this. You looked great in all your pictures on your letter. The dress is such a pretty color on you! I will be praying for a complete recovery with as little "vomit" as possible and will follow your progress on your blog.
    Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Debbie! I like your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings to you in this new year! Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete